Out & About
3 Bicas is located in the middle of Alentejo coast, known for its deserted beaches, which are more or less surrounded on all sides by natural reserves. Our favourite beaches are Praia do Pego (13km), Aberta Nova and Carvalhal.
3 Bicas is inserted into what is known as Herdade da Comporta. Herdade da Comporta encompases 12500 hectares including the little villages of Comporta, Torre, Brejos, Carvalhal, Muda and Bicas, so there is plenty to explore. Check out the New York Times article on Comporta.
Even though the main activity will be relaxation, for those more active the following sports activities are available within the area:
- Dolphin watching and Sailing (www.vertigemazul.com; tel.: +351 917843304)
- Fishing & Scuba diving in Porto Côvo ( www.ecoalga.com; tel.:+351 964620394)
- Golf Course in Troia (Tel. 265 494 024; E-mail: email@example.com)
- Horse riding in Torre (www.cavalosnaareia.com; tel.:+351 919002545)
- Surf school in Carvalhal (www.carvalhalsurfschool.blogspot.com; tel.:+351 967566192)
These are some of the restaurants in the area where you can have diner and order food to savour in one of our dining areas.
- Museu do Arroz (+351 265 497 555)
- Dona Bia (+351 265 497 557)
- Comporta Café (+351 265 490 513)
- Dinis – Os Pescadores (+351 265497023)
- Praia do Peixe (+351 91 306 1256)
- Ilha do Arroz (+351 265 490 510)
- Barco do Sado (+351 91 755 1615)
“Loja da Praia” at Praia do Peixe Restaurant in Praia do Pêgo: beaded necklaces, sundresses and Panama hats.
“Loja de Cá” (Av de Dezembro 39): funky Antik Batik tops, Guatemalan throws and wood sculptures from Thailand.
“Lavanda”, “Rice”, “TMCollection”, “Coté Sud” and “Inxalá” in Comporta - trendy fashion shops in recovered bakery and rice warehouses.
“Herdade da Comporta encompases 12500 hectares including the little villages of Comporta, Torre, Brejos, Carvalhal, Muda and Bicas, so there is plenty to explore.” Vineyards and Cellar – for a taste of the local wine
“Loja de Artesanato da Raquel” – For more typical arts& crafts